These albums cover Association Events and reunions and are password protected. If you require access please email me at Les Hendry
31 Squadron 100th Anniversary Photo Essay
This Collection of Images was captured over a 4 year period from 2011 to 2015 to be released on the 100th Anniversary of the formation of 31 Squadron Royal Air Force in Gosport on the 11th Oct 1911. The images are a “fly on the wall” collection of the Squadron at work and on ceremony.
I could not have completed this project without the support and understanding of a large number of people for their tolerance. In particular, Wg Cdr Jim Mullholland who was the original CO of 31 when he and I hatched the plan for the project back in 2011. Wg Cdr Rich Yates MBE, the CO for the majority of the time during the image capture phase of the project. Wg Cdr Jim Freeborough, the CO at the time when I needed the collection signed off, for his pragmatism in finding a way through the process. Flt Lt Sasha Nash, my first project liaison officer, who gave me a considerable amount of her time to the actual admin involved with Station and Sqn access. Flt Lt Sophie Darby, my second project liaison officer, who took most of the brunt of my frequent visits to the Sqn, for her tolerance and stoicism for which I am eternally grateful. Flt Lt Tim Loosley, who was my third and final liaison officer for his patience and hard work in helping me obtain permission for limited release of this collection. Finally, to all the Officers and Airmen of 31 Squadron for their patience in allowing me to be a fly on their particular wall.
The limited release of this collection comes with some caveats:
- The collection is for viewing by past and present members of 31 Sqn and as such is password protected.
- You can access the collection by clicking on the image below.
- The images may be downloaded for personal use in digital scrap books etc.
- The images are not to be reposted on any other site and in particular, they are not to be used on social media sites. (there are security implications regarding this)
- If anyone does not wish their image to be kept as part of this collection they can email me on Les Hendry and I will remove the image from the collection.